- This event has passed.
ABLE United Spotlight
The ABLE National Resource Center (ABLE NRC) conducts “ABLE Program Spotlight” webinars to help those who have a basic understanding of ABLE accounts better understand what state ABLE programs offer including program-specific details, general guidance and best practices. Program spotlights also cover the range of investment options offered by their program, an often-confusing aspect for individuals who want to make the most of their ABLE account but are new to the concepts of investing and saving.
Our relationship with money is so important because financial decisions impact our everyday lives – and the key to success is equipping yourself with the knowledge and skills needed to manage money effectively.
Florida’s qualified ABLE program, ABLE United, is going back to basics with a roundtable discussion on financial education covering topics like saving and investing, as well as opportunities for the disability community to plan for the future with third-party special needs trusts and ABLE accounts.
Attendees will also learn:
• How ABLE accounts can be used to pay for qualified disability expenses
• How individuals with disabilities can save with the help of friends, family and organizations
• How individuals can become investors with ABLE United through one of their eight investment options
• How to enroll in an account
• Rachel Fackender, Moderator
• John Finch, Director of ABLE United
• Scott Mattson, CPA, Assurance Dimensions (and an ABLE United account administrator for his son)
• W. Keith Seago, Jr., CFP | Financial Consultant, Comerica Securities, Inc. (and an ABLE United account administrator for his daughter)
Have questions you’d like to submit to our panel? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Questions for Webinar”.
*Please note: Florida’s ABLE program, ABLE United, is only open to residents of the state of Florida.
Invite ABLE United to Your Event
Does your organization have an upcoming event opportunity? Click the link below to request an ABLE United representative for your next event, speaking engagement, conference or staff training.